Wednesday 20 February 2013

MY FIRST AMERICAN SCENT SESSION


When we enter a place, and that place is scented, as we breath, our body becomes the space and we are at one with that environment.

Last week was one of the most fantastic weeks of my life, as I guided my first scent session on the most amazing of all places: New York City. But let's go back a square.



About 10 years ago, a man called Harald Vogt started a no-profit organisation called The Scent Marketing Institute which connects those who operate in scent-supported marketing and expands this type of knowledge throughout the world. Their main event is called Scent World.

Now run by Caroline, Harald's wife, Scent World was a uberintense, 3-day marathon to experience the latest knowledge available. Neuroscientists, (scent)marketers, perfumers, fragrance houses, advertising people, bloggers, scent curios and much more gathered near Wall Street to sniff around and share the inspiration in using scents for commercial environments.


My contribution was "Scent Awakening: The Holistic Experience of Scents" where I encouraged participants to develop a holistic understanding of scents. It resulted as one the most enjoyed presentations!

Thank you so much to all those who attended and Caroline, Jennifer and Gloria in particular for putting on such a great show and bringing me over. 

Next Scent Awakening Session will be held in the English countryside at the British Society of Perfumers Training Weekend. Have you booked? Go on their website!



My favourite presentation (aside from mine!) was by Perfumer/Artist Christoph Laudamiel 
who gave one of the most inspiring scent lectures I've ever attended. 



MAD Museum "The art of Scent 1889-2012" Exhibition.



New York Subway: break dancers. NYC Subway has a very peculiar, warm smell that makes me feel like home. It's not unpleasant at all. ...maybe scented?

Special thanks to Hiro for assisting me during the presentation 
and to Omega Ingredients and Capua for providing the oils for my lecture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers